Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Lightroom – the post processing software that Bob uses in his professional photography work. He strongly recommends it for photographers of all levels! Lightroom is an extremely powerful tool for organizing your images, editing your images and printing your images. While it covers a lot of ground, it is fairly user friendly!
While I love to write, I don’t have the time or resources to write out lengthy software based handouts for these workshops, especially when several great resources already exist. This entire group of Lightroom workshops will be strongly based upon the recommended text. I urge you to both buy it, and bring it along to the workshop.
The Lightroom series is broken up into three separate and unique workshops. Participants are welcome to take one, two or all three. There are no pre-requisites to attending any single workshop, just understand that each workshop focuses on unique features of the software and there will be limited time to address off-topic questions.
Introduction to Lightroom (Workshop 1 of 3)
- Importing – how to get your images into Lightroom
- Organizing – using keywords so you can find your images
- Automating – use the power of automation to make life easier
- Customizing – learn to set things up your way for the best user experience.
Developing in Lightroom (Workshop 2 of 3)
- Editing Essentials – workflow for making your images sing
- Edit many images – Synchronizing changes across several photos
- Localized adjustments – zero in on problem areas
- Basics of exporting – learn how to share your edited images
- Jumping to Photoshop – when and how to do it
Exporting to Books, Slideshows and Prints (Workshop 3 of 3)
- Learn how to show off your work
- See how to make books
- Learn how to build a custom slideshow
- Create print templates to share your images
In this, the 3rd workshop in the Lightroom Series, Bob will discuss the process to print & to output your images. While sharing your images with friends and family on your phone is fun, it isn’t the same experience as sharing tangible prints of your images! Inkjet printers have come a long way, using Lightroom to ensure your colors are accurate and your prints are their finest is key! Move beyond sharing your images on a handheld phone! Learn about the art of Printing and Output with Bob! This workshop is all about making tangible prints. We will work in both the Print Module as well as the Book Module. I don’t use the Web module, so we won’t spend any time there. We will look at creating print presets for a variety of different purposes. Then we will learn how to print at home, if you have an inkjet printer, or how to create files to send out for printing to places like Costco, or a professional lab. Books are another wonderful way to share your work, and we will explore the “Book Module” and see what is involved in making our own work into a coffee table masterpiece.