Photography Classes Rochester Hills, Michigan
Bob teaches a variety of workshops each month.
Email us to join the newsletter (Info@GetShotByBob.com) or use the sign-up button below.
Check out the workshop reviews on “Testimonials” page on our website!
REGISTER FOR OUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS on our MEET-UP SITE: https://www.meetup.com/Rochester-Photography-Workshops/
- Detroit After Dark Photo Exhibition @ the DIA – Walk and discuss the DIA Exhibit – Friday, Jan 13, 2017 at 7 pm – meet at the main lobby (FARNSWORTH ENTRANCE). DIA admission is free for Wayne, Oakland and Macomb residents.
- 6-Hour Basic DSLR Photography Workshop – Learn the settings and functions on your DSLR camera. Saturday, 1/14/2017. 9 am – 4 pm. Workshop fee: $69.
- Lightroom Training – 4-class Series – Image Management & Organization (1/21), Image Development (1/28), Image Output (2/4), Workflow Process (2/18) – Class is from 8:30 am – 12 noon. 4-class series is $112.
- Lightroom Image Management & Organization – learn how to manage your image inventory. Saturday, 1/21 from 8:30 am – 12 noon. Workshop is $35. ($112 as part of 4-class series).
- Fundamentals of Exposure – Learn to master the Exposure Triangle – Saturday, 1/21/2017. 1-4 pm. Workshop fee: $35 (workshop is full – next date is 1/28/2017)
- On-Camera & Off-Camera Flash Photography – Learn to master your external flash. Hands on practice during the workshop to reinforce instruction. – Sunday, 1/22 from 1-4 pm. Workshop fee: $35. Bob sells External Flashes if you need to purchase one.
- Business of Photograph Workshop – Learn to efficiently manage your part-time or full-time Photography Business – Wednesday, 1/25, 7-10 pm, Workshop fee: $50.
- Lightroom Image Development – learn how to develop your images in Lightroom. Saturday 1/28 from 8:30 am – 12 noon. Workshop fee is $35 as stand alone class or $112 as part of 4-class series.
- Fundamentals of Exposure – Learn to Master the Exposure Triangle – Saturday, 1/28/2017. 1-4 pm. Workshop fee: $35.
- 6-Hour Basic DSLR Photography Workshop – Learn the settings and functions on your DSLR camera. Sunday, 1/29, 9 am to 4 pm. Workshop fee: $69.
- Low Light Photography Workshop – Learn how to photograph people and objects in low light conditions (like your family room!) – Great Beginner class. Wednesday, 2/1, 7-10 pm, Workshop fee: $35.
- Lightroom Image Output – learn how to share all your images through Lightroom. Saturday 2/4, from 8:30 am – 12 noon. Workshop fee is $35 as a stand alone class or $112 as part of 4-class series.
- Hyperfocal Distance / Image Stacking – learn advanced, creative skills. Saturday, 2/4, from 1-4 pm. Workshop fee: $35.
- Exposure Skills – Histograms & Exposure Compensation – a Great Basic photography workshop – learn how to understand what your camera is telling you once you press the shutter! – Tuesday, 2/7, 7-10 pm, $35.
- Photoshop – 3-class Series – $85 if you register for the 3-class series and $35 per class if you register individually. (2/12 – Basics; 2/19 – Layering; 2/26 – Head Swapping)
- Photoshop – Basic Skills – Learn to the Basics of Photoshop, how the two Adobe programs – Lightroom & Photoshop interface, etc. – Sunday, 2/12, 1-4 pm, $35 (or part of $85 3-class series)
- Detroit Public Library Private Tour & Photo Walk – Learn all about the magnificent building on the tour and then photograph it to your heart’s content afterward! Tour fee: $15. Friday, 2/17 @ 3 pm.
- Lightroom Workflow Process – learn how to process your images efficiently from capture through process. Saturday 2/18 from 8:30 am – 12 noon. Workshop fee is $35 as stand alone class or $112 as 4-class series.
- Camera Sensor Cleaning Photography Workshop – learn how to clean your camera sensor, clean it in class, take-home a 13-gel sensor cleaning kit – Saturday, 2/18, 1-4 pm. Worskhop fee: $95 (includes cleaning kit)
- Pre-Trip Meeting for the Charleston Photo Safari – Review the agenda for the Charleston Photo Safari (3/18-3/23). – Pre-Trip Informational Meeting is Sunday, Feb 19th at 6:30 – our home studio.
- nik Software Training – nik Filters Software is a FREE download online. It offers you a wide array of creative editing options. Learn how to use these tools at this photography workshop – Wednesday, 2/22, 7-10 pm, Workshop fee: $35.
- 6-Hour Basic DSLR Workshop – Learning the settings and functions on your DSLR camera. Saturday, 2/25/2017 – 9 am to 4 pm. Workshop fee: $69.
- Lens Selection and Basic Training – Knowing how your lens will effect your image is key! Learn to be creative! If you are thinking of adding a lens to your collection, this class will help you understand the options. Tuesday, 2/28, 7-10 pm, Workshop fee: $35.
- Historic Charleston Photo Safari – Immerse yourself in the art of photography with a photo safari to Charleston, SC. Architecture to Nature covered! Saturday, 3/18 – Thursday, 3/23. Workshop fee: $500.
- Spring Awakens in Hocking Hills State Park Photo Safari – Immerse yourself in nature photography with this trip to Southern Ohio! Sunday, April 30th – Thursday, May 4th. Workshop fee: $350.
6-Hour Basic DSLR Photography Workshop
Join Bob for this 6-hour in-depth training on your DSLR Camera. Bob will help you understand all the settings and functions of your DSLR camera so that you can move beyond the automatic mode! The workshop runs from 9 am to 4 pm each date it is offered.
Workshops are held at Bob’s Photography Studio & Workshop, 6841 North Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. It is on the Northeast corner of Rochester Road and Tienken Road in the Ferber Warehouse complex. Turn into the complex from Rochester Road, just North of Tienken. We are in the first office building – close to Rochester Road. Our space has its own entrance door. Drive behind the 1st building. Our white door is on the South side of the building. There is parking by the door or in the lot to the North of the office.
Workshop fees start at $35. More detailed description on the workshops are found on the Meet-Up site. Each class has a hyper-link to the photography class website. Bob will be featuring several 3-Day photography workshops this year! We are planning Photo Adventures for 2017/2018 – Interested? Drop us a line!
Learn Photography from a Professional!
Bob shares his decades (ouch, was it really necessary to say decades) of photography experience with photo enthusiasts on a regular basis! The photography classes include classroom technical training as well as hands-on field work! Bob holds Photography Workshops several times a month at his studio. These workshops help camera enthusiasts learn new skills and improve their focus! Each class has a different topic. The best way to hear about all the upcoming workshops is to be on our newsletter distribution list. Please send me your email address and I will add you! Juliann@GetShotByBob.com.
If you join the Meet-Up group, you will hear about upcoming workshops, be able to register and post your images after the workshop.
Your input helps Bob plan his classes. Follow this LINK to include your input on our photography classes survey! Thank you!
Historic Charleston Photo Safari
Our next Photo Safari is planned for Charleston, South Carolina! Come join us welcome spring in this truly amazing town! The trip will include instruction on architectural photography as well as nature photography. The group will be staying in a 7-bedroom home on the Isle of Palm. We will have a van for the group to tour around in together. This beach-view home will be the base for beach photography, marsh photography, sunrise photography, sunset photography! The workshop fee is $500. The cost of lodging, transportation and food will be shared among the group. Call the Studio for more details (248) 608-8563. Write us! Info@GetShotByBob.com The trip is planned for Saturday, March 18th through Thursday, March 23rd.
Spring Awakens in Hocking Hills State Park – Photo Safari
Join Bob for this immersion in the art of nature photography on the Hocking Hills Photo Safari! The group will be exploring the caves, ravines and waterfalls that abound in the Hocking Hills State Park in Southern Ohio. We have rooms reserved for the group at the Holiday Inn in Logan, Ohio. The photography opportunities as spring is just arriving in Hocking Hills should be spectacular! Photo Safaris allow Bob time to spend one-on-one with each student to ensure they are improving their photography skills. The workshop fee is $350. The cost of lodging, meals, transportation and park fees are the responsibility of the student. This trip is planned for Sunday, April 30th through Thursday, May 4th.