Photography Workshops in Rochester, MI and beyond!
Photography classes will be held at the Bob’s new Photography Studio & Workshop. The address is 6841 North Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. It is on the Northeast corner of Rochester Road and Tienken Road in the Ferber Warehouse complex. Turn into the complex from Rochester Road, just North of Tienken. We are in the first office building – close to Rochester Road. Our space has its own entrance door. Drive behind the 1st building. Our white door is on the South side of the building. There is parking by the door or in the lot to the North of the office.
The fee for each 3-hour workshop is $35 – $50. More detailed description on the workshops are found on the Meet-Up site. Each class has a hyper-link to the photography class website. Bob will be featuring (2) or (3) 3-Day photography workshops this year! We are planning Photo Adventures for 2014/2015 – Interested? Drop us a line!
Photography Classes Rochester Hills, Michigan – Summer 2014
Bob teaches a variety of workshops each month. Join his newsletter or Meet-Up group to stay more informed! Email me to join the newsletter ([email protected]) or us the sign-up button below.
Check out the workshop reviews on “Testimonials” page on our website!
- Lightroom Power Processing Software Training - Bob will offer this series of (4) workshops on how to use Lightroom effectively. This is a powerful post-processing software tool that Bob recommends for enthusiasts through professionals. Image Management & Organization (Tuesday, 9/9/2014); Image Development (Tuesday, 9/16); Image Output / Sharing (9/23), Workflow Process (9/30). Each session is 7-10 pm at the Robert DiTommaso Photography Studio, 6841 North Rochester Road, Ferber Warehouse Complex, 100-I, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. A single class is $35. If you purchase the series of workshops, the class is discounted 20% – $112.
- Sunday, September 14, 2014 – How to Photography A High School Senior Portrait – 9 am – 12 noon. Bob will instruct a very small group of student on how to photography a high school senior portrait. The workshop starts in at the Van Hoosen Farm in Rochester Hills and move to the studio for yearbook and formal images. Bob will also cover the post-capture workflow process. Workshop Fee: $50.
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - Lightroom Training on Image Development - 7-10 pm. Join Bob to learn how to improve your Image Development skills in Lightroom. Lightroom is a high-power post-process tool Bob recommends for beginners through experienced photographers. Robert DiTommaso Photography Studio, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Ferber Warehouse Complex, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Fee: $35 or part of 4-class series for $112.
- Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Pre-Trip Planning Meeting for Tahquamenon Falls Photography Safari - 5:30 pm. Join Bob to learn more about this upcoming Photo Safari! 1794 Apple Ridge Court, Rochester Hills, MI 48306.
- Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Pre-Trip Planning Meeting for Zion & Bryce National Parks Photo Safari - 7 pm. join Bob to learn more about this upcoming Photo Safari – lodging, transportation, equipment suggestions will all be discussed. 1794 Apple Ridge Court, Rochester Hills, MI 48306.
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - Lightroom Training Output / Printing - 7-10 pm. Join Bob to improve your skills using Lightroom. This class focuses on the Output / Printing module. Robert DiTommaso Photography Workshops, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Ferber Warehouse Complex, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Fee: $35 or part of 4-class series at $112.
- Friday, September 26, 2014 – Painting with Light at the Elmwood Cemetery in Detroit – 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Painting with Light is a creative photography technique. The Elmwood Cemetery setting is a fabulous opportunity to learn and practice this creative skill! Elmwood Cemetery, 1200 Robert Bradby Drive, Detroit, MI. Workshop fee: $40 – includes donation to the cemetery.
- Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 6-Hour Basic DSLR Workshop - Join Bob for this introduction to the settings and functions on your DSLR camera. Move beyond the auto setting! This class is offered for $69 – as a promotion on LivingSocial and AmazonLocal. Class is from 9 am to 4 pm with a break for lunch. Bring your camera. Hands-on instruction is included. Robert DiTommaso Photography Studio & Workshop, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Ferber Warehouse Complex, Suite 100-I, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Fee: $69.
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Lightroom Class on Workflow Process - 7-10 pm. Join Bob for this Lightroom training class on the Workflow Process. Robert DiTommaso Photography Workshop, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Ferber Warehouse Complex, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Fee: $35 or part of 4-class series on Lightroom ($112).
- Friday, October 3 – Sunday, October 5, 2014 - Fall Color at Tahquamenon Falls in the UP of Michigan Photography Safari - Join Bob for this opportunity to improve your photography skills while you enjoy the breathtaking beauty of fall color in the UP. Tahquamenon Falls is the largest falls East of the Mississippi. Bob will be training throughout the workshop. Workshop fee: $350. Lodging, meals, transportation, etc. are the responsibility of the student. Call to learn more! (248) 608-8563.
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 – 8am – 10 am - Scott Kelby WorldWide PhotoWalk Day at Cranbrook Gardens - Join Bob while he leads one of the WorldWide PhotoWalks sponsored by Scott Kelby through the nature beauty on at the grounds at Cranbrook. The walk will start on the steps of Christ Church Cranbrook. There will be opportunities for Nature and Architectural photography. Register for workshop through KelbyOne website.
- Friday, October 24 – Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - Zion National Park & Bryce National Park and the Las Vegas Strip Photography Safari - Join Bob for this immersion in the the art of photography. Bob will lead you through some of the most beautiful National Parks on this adventure to Southern Utah. Workshop fee: $450. Lodging, meals, transportation, etc. are the responsibility of the student. Call us to learn more! (248) 608-8563.
6-Hour Basic DSLR Photography Workshop
Join Bob for this 6-hour in-depth training on your DSLR Camera. Bob will help you understand all the settings and functions of your DSLR camera so that you can move beyond the automatic mode! The workshop runs from 9 am to 4 pm each date it is offered.
- Sunday, September 28, 2014
- Saturday, November 1, 2014
Learn Photography from a Professional!
Bob shares his decades (ouch, was it really necessary to say decades) of photography experience with photo enthusiasts on a regular basis! The photography classes include classroom technical training as well as hands-on field work! Bob holds Photography Workshops several times a month at his studio at Rochester Road and Tienken (25 Mile Road) in Rochester Hills. These workshops help camera enthusiasts learn new skills and improve their focus! Each class has a different topic. The best way to hear about all the upcoming workshops is to be on our newsletter distribution list. Please send me your email address and I will add you! [email protected].
If you join the Meet-Up group, you will hear about upcoming workshops, be able to register and post your images after the workshop.
Your input helps Bob plan his classes. Follow this LINK to include your input on our photography classes survey! Thank you!
Individual Photography Lessons
Want one-on-one help with Photography, Workflow Issues, Post-Processing, Adobe Lightroom 4.0 Training, Photoshop CS5 / CS6 Training in Rochester, Michigan? Look no more! Bob offers individual photography lessons. Lessons are $50 per hour. We find a 90-minute lesson to 2-hour lesson works well for most people. A 90-minute photography lesson is $75. Purchase four 90-minute lessons for $300 – and GET A FIFTH ONE FREE! The photography lessons are focused 100% on your interests, your equipment, and your skill level. Take your photography skills to the next level with photography lessons! They also make a great gift! Contact the studio to discuss your interests – [email protected] or (248) 608-8563.
Gift Certificates for Photography Classes & Lessons
Bob offers Gift Certificates for Photography Workshops and Private Lessons. Trying to find a unique gift this holiday season? Bob can personalize your gift certificate and have it ready for holiday giving! Call us! (248) 608-8563 or email [email protected]
Free Photo Walk – Join Us!
Join Bob and other photography enthusiasts at a variety of unique locations throughout Metro Detroit. We do appreciate an RSVP to know you plan to join the group. Please either sign-up through the Meet-Up Site or contact the studio (248) 608-8563 or [email protected].
Bob schedules these photography gatherings 1-2 a month.
The 5-day adventure generally happens in one of the National Parks! Join Bob in these jewels to learn how to memorialize these breathtaking locations. Call the Studio for more details (248) 608-8563. Contact us! [email protected]
Fall Color in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Join Bob for this 3-day photography workshop that starts at the Mackinaw Bridge and leads you into the breathtaking beauty of the UP! Friday, October 3 through Sunday, October 5, 2014. Workshop Fee: $350. Lodging, meals, transportation, etc. are the responsibility of the student. Please contact us to learn more! (248) 608-8563.
Zion & Bryce National Park Photography Safari! Join Bob from Friday, October 24 through Wednesday, October 29, 2014 for an immersion into the art of Photography. The Zion and Bryce National Parks in Southern Utah are diverse and inspiring. Bob will be training throughout the trip. The workshop fee is $450. Lodging, meals, transportation are the responsibility of the student. (All the reservations have been made already.) Learn more on Meet-Up or Call us! (248) 608-8563.