Photography Classes Rochester Hills, Michigan
Summer / Fall 2016
Bob teaches a variety of workshops each month.
Email us to join the newsletter (Info@GetShotByBob.com) or use the sign-up button below.
Check out the workshop reviews on “Testimonials” page on our website!
- Newborn Baby Portrait Photography Training – Learn capture through process – Thursday, June 9th, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48306, Photography Workshop fee: $50.
- 6-Hour Basic DSLR Workshop – Learn the Basic Settings and Functions on your DSLR Camera – Saturday, June 11th, 9am-4pm, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Photography Workshop fee: $69.
- Long Exposure / Detroit Skyline Photography Workshop – Learn Long Exposure Techniques @ Scott Fountain on Belle Isle, Saturday, June 11th, 7-10 pm, Photography Workshop fee: $35. (Date Full)
- Creating Something Out of Nothing – Composition Photography Workshop – Sunday, June 12th 1-4 pm, Downtown Rochester, Photography Workshop fee: $35.
- Long Exposure / Detroit Skyline Photography Workshop – Learn Long Exposure techniques @ Scott Fountain on Belle Isle, Sunday, June 12th, 6:30 – 9:30 pm, Photography Workshop fee: $35.
- Action & Panning Photography @ Slow Ride Detroit – Monday, June 13th @ 6:30 pm – Batch Brewing Company in Detroit. Photography Workshop fee: $35.
- Lighthouses & Mackinac Island – Photography Safari – Thursday, July 7th through Saturday, July 9th – Immerse yourself in the art of Photography. Beautiful Lighthouses along Lake Huron, around the Straights of Mackinac and on the historical Mackinac Island. Workshop fee: $375. Transportation, ferry fees, meals and motel expenses are extra. All reservations are made.
- Bump & Run Auto Smash-Up Derby Photography Walk @ Oakland County Fair – Davisburg – Thursday, July 14th @ 7 pm. Entrance fees to fair apply.
- 6-Hour Basic DSLR Workshop – Learn the Basic Settings and Functions on your DSLR camera – 9am to 4 pm, 6841 NORTH Rochester Road, Roch Hills, MI 48306, Workshop fee: $69. NEW DATE – CLASS JUST ADDED!
- Vintage Baseball Photo Walk – Grangers of Rochester! – Sunday, July 31st @ 1 pm at Van Hoosen Farm! Classic baseball in period costumes!
- Tour & Photograph Comerica Park – Sunday, August 14, 2016 from 3-4:30 pm, Private Tour & the Opportunity to photograph unique spaces with Bob. Fee: $15.
- Six Rivers Land Conservancy Photo Contest – Submit your favorite local nature images to this fabulous contest! Learn more at the Six Rivers Land Conservancy website: https://www.sixriversrlc.org/index.php/events-activities/photo-contest
- Filter Training Workshop with Guest Speaker Mike Northrup – Saturday, August 20th from 9 am to 3pm – Training in the studio with outdoor practice. Workshop fee: $50.
- Lightroom Post-Processing 4-class series training – Learn Image Management/Organization (9/12), Image Development (9/19), Image Output (9/26), Workflow Process (10/3) – all four classes for $112. Each class is 6:30-10:30 pm.
- Lightroom Post-Processing Photography Workshop – Image Management & Organization – Learn the basics of using the Management module in Adobe’s Lightroom – Monday, September 12th, 6:30-10:30 pm, $35 (or part of 4-class series)
- Lightroom Post-Processing Photography Workshop – Image Development – Learn the basics of using Development tool in Adobe’s Lightroom – Monday, September 19th, 6:30 – 10:30 pm, $35.
- Lightroom Post-Processing Photography Workshop – Image Output – Learn the basics of using Output tool in Adobe’s Lightroom – Monday, September 26th, 6:30-10:30 pm, $35.
- Lightroom Post-Processing Photography Workshop – Workflow Process – Learn Adobe Lightroom workflow process from capture through output – Monday, October 3rd, 6:30-10:30 pm, $35.
- Lightroom Post-Processing Photography Workshop – Hands-on Workshop – Bring your computer and work on images under Bob’s direction to get hands-on practice with Lightroom – Monday, October 10th, 7-10 pm, $35.
6-Hour Basic DSLR Photography Workshop
Join Bob for this 6-hour in-depth training on your DSLR Camera. Bob will help you understand all the settings and functions of your DSLR camera so that you can move beyond the automatic mode! The workshop runs from 9 am to 4 pm each date it is offered.
Workshops are held at Bob’s Photography Studio & Workshop, 6841 North Rochester Road, Suite 100-I, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. It is on the Northeast corner of Rochester Road and Tienken Road in the Ferber Warehouse complex. Turn into the complex from Rochester Road, just North of Tienken. We are in the first office building – close to Rochester Road. Our space has its own entrance door. Drive behind the 1st building. Our white door is on the South side of the building. There is parking by the door or in the lot to the North of the office.
Workshop fees start at $35. More detailed description on the workshops are found on the Meet-Up site. Each class has a hyper-link to the photography class website. Bob will be featuring several 3-Day photography workshops this year! We are planning Photo Adventures for 2017/2018 – Interested? Drop us a line!
Learn Photography from a Professional!
Bob shares his decades (ouch, was it really necessary to say decades) of photography experience with photo enthusiasts on a regular basis! The photography classes include classroom technical training as well as hands-on field work! Bob holds Photography Workshops several times a month at his studio. These workshops help camera enthusiasts learn new skills and improve their focus! Each class has a different topic. The best way to hear about all the upcoming workshops is to be on our newsletter distribution list. Please send me your email address and I will add you! Juliann@GetShotByBob.com.
If you join the Meet-Up group, you will hear about upcoming workshops, be able to register and post your images after the workshop.
Your input helps Bob plan his classes. Follow this LINK to include your input on our photography classes survey! Thank you!
MACKINAW ISLAND / LAKE HURON LIGHTHOUSES Photography Safari
Find yourself immersed in photography at the July 7th through July 9th Photo Safari along Lake Huron to photograph historic lighthouses and around the straights of Mackinaw! The trip will include a day photographing Mackinac Island. Night Photography at the Dark Sky Park and photographing the Mighty Mac Bridge! Bob will lead a group of photographers the natural beauty bursting along the sunrise coast of Michigan. Workshop fee: $375. Lodging, transportation, and meals are the responsibility of the student. Learn more here.
In October 2016 we will be heading back to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Join Bob to learn how to memorialize Fall in the Smoky Mountains. Call the Studio for more details (248) 608-8563. Write us! Info@GetShotByBob.com